A medical pendant can be a life-saving tool to assist your loved ones in case of a fall or accident at home. Medical alarm systems are monitored 24/7 at our in-house Central Monitoring Station in Glens Falls, NY. Help will be alerted and assistance will be on the way. Dispatchers will alert family members and the proper authorities. Give your loved ones the piece of mind they deserve.
According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one out of four people over the age of 65 fall each year. Falling once doubles their chances of falling again in the future. Here are some facts about falls from the CDC:
- One out of five falls causes a serious injury such as broken bones or a head injury.
- Each year, 3 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries.
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury, most often because of a head injury or hip fracture.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Many people who do not get injured from a fall become afraid of falling which causes them to cut down on their daily activities.
With the confidence gained from knowing help is available, many seniors are able to remain in their own homes longer. The systems are designed to be easy to use, typically worn around the neck or on the wrist. Call today for a free quote to discuss further options for a Medical Alarm System (518) 793-7788.